Sunday, April 17, 2016

Chicory prepared right, bells & fondue

Last week I told Severine that I did not much care for chicory. She said that my batch had been prepared in less than a tasty manner and that she would make me a better meal. Here chicory is wrapped in ham and covered with white sauce and cheese. I loved it Severine!


On Sunday morning I decided to walk around the Thonon city center. It is a very lovely city with a number of nice squares and parks for relaxing. At around 10 am the bells of a church began to ring so I went to investigate. I read that the church has stood there since the 15th century. You can hear the bells in the video. They rang like this for 20 minutes. I assume signaling churchgoers that service was about to start.

Brigitte invited me to a meal with two of her friends. She had me prepare fondue. I once had a date with a girl and she made me fondue (I think), but we broke up a day or so later (her major loss). So, to my knowledge, this was my second batch of fondue. Here I am measuring the bubbly wine and the cheeses. Three cheeses were used, but I forgot to ask Brigitte the varieties used. We dipped bread into the fondue and it was heavenly. It is said that if you lose a piece of bread in the fondue that you should buy the host a bottle of wine. I lost enough bread to keep Bridgitte with wine for months.

Dessert was soft cheese (like yogurt) with a layer of fruit, topped with granola and peanuts, smothered lightly with honey. FANTASTIC MEAL for sure!




No comments:

Post a Comment