Sunday, April 10, 2016

Random thoughts on a Sunday morning

Last night Jean & Isabelle asked me to a movie (Demolition starring Jake Gyllenhaal) and dinner at an Indian restaurant. The night with friends was perfect. On my walk to the theater I took this photo of flowers. In the U.S. we say that April showers bring May flowers. Here in France it seems March showers bring April flowers.
To show contrast, the following photo shows the view from the front step of my home in northern Wisconsin taken Friday, April 8th.  My lovely wife Wendy sent it to me. I miss my wife immensely, but I do not miss the cold!
I waited for Jean & Isabelle for a few minutes at a park across the street from the theater in the center of Thonon. There I found a great statue. I think it honors war veterans.

No comments:

Post a Comment