Saturday, April 2, 2016

Day 7 - Laundry day!

Friday night I went to the grocery to get supplies for jambalaya. I asked the meat clerk for 10-12 whole (but pre-cooked shrimp). For a moment she thought I meant 10-12 kilos. She grabbed a big bag. I found paper & pen on the counter and wrote 0.3 kg. She grabbed a smaller bag. 10 kilos of shrimp would have cost me 100 euros ($110US)!

The jambalaya was a good batch. I made enough for 3-4 meals.

Today I'm trying to do laundry. I wasted about an hour trying to find an English manual and translating the front panel controls.  Finally I sought help from Dominique my landlord. He talked me through the machine and now I won't have smelly clothes! I have a small rack for drying, but today is not sunny. He asked me to dinner and I happily agreed.

After laundry, I plan to go to the lab and get a computer so I can look at some preliminary acoustic data we collected Thursday on Lake Geneva. I will try and post an example tonight if I can overcome technological challenges in doing so.


No comments:

Post a Comment