Sunday, April 10, 2016

Lunch with Trevisans

 I am living in a great apartment in Thonon. Normally it is rented to people visiting Thonon for the therapeutic baths. My hosts Dominique and Brigitte have been so kind and helpful to me. Today they invited me to lunch in their garden along with their boy Nicclas (I hope I got the spelling right). Here I am with my hosts, minus Nicclas who took the photo. A sunny day!
To start we had an Italian liquor on ice. They make ice by freezing water (of course) but in plastic film that is filled with water so you can get individual cubes.
Next we enjoyed a coleslaw made with celery root with oil, vinegar and salt (no mayonnaise).
Next we had veal,wrapped in bacon, seasoned with fresh sage (Brigitte gardens) and marinated in wine .
Next we had cheese. One of the cheeses was from the Jura mountain region and is made with cow's milk and has a distinct line (grey ash) in the center (far right cheese in the photo).  
Finally we had coffee and sugar.


We talked about how the meal was prepared, politics around unions, visiting Annecy, Nicclas' new experience learning to become a mountain climber, and West Side Story (Brigitte & I share a passion for this story). I told Brigitte that America needs to remember the idea that is America because some people have forgotten.




No comments:

Post a Comment