Friday, April 22, 2016

ping-pong tournament.

I have had a busy week, but I have a few moments to write my blog so here goes.

After lunch, on nice days, the students at the lab will enjoy ping-pong. They have organized a tournament to find a champion. This week, my host Jean Guillard, played in two hard fought matches. In match one he used an aggressive approach to defeat Sophie (see video). Sophie enjoys the game, but I can tell that her pursuit of her education in lake ecology is her true passion. The students use ping-pong to break up the hard work they do during the day advancing their projects.

Jean lost his second match 3 games to 2. Here he must swallow final defeat which he does with dignity.

The tournament is being organized by Eric & Valentine. In this video, Valentine is serving as line judge. Eric video bombs the match at the end of the video. I enjoy Eric & Valentine's company very much. They always greet me with smiles and kind conversation. They help make the lab a great place to work.

Here the distinguished scientist Marie takes on the hard working Laurent. Marie may not have won the match, but she definitely wins the style award with sunglasses and cool red sneakers.



No comments:

Post a Comment